Australian Short Courses Scholarships Awards in Indonesia
Australia Awards in Indonesia offer short study scholarship for Sustainable Tourism for Local Development program to the perpetrators of the tourism sector in 12 provinces: South Sulawesi, North Sulawesi, West Sulawesi, Southeast Sulawesi, Central Sulawesi, Gorontalo, Maluku, North Maluku, NTB, NTT, Papua, And West Papua. The program consists of 2 weeks of study in Australia and 2 workshop sessions in Indonesia. If you are interested in contributing to economic improvement in Indonesia, the Australia Awards in Indonesia invites you to apply for this short study scholarship. The successful candidate selection will gain knowledge and skills needed to promote economic and social development in Indonesia, gained experience of living in Australia, and build a network with between two countries with tourism industry players in Australia.
Schedule of activities:
• 3-day pre-study workshop in Makassar: 26-28 September 2017
• 2-week study in Australia: October 23-November 4, 2017 (including class sessions, case studies, and visits). Visa, travel, accommodation, allowance will be borne by Australia Awards in Indonesia.
• Post-study workshop: 16-18 January 2018
To be eligible for selection, applicants must have work experience related to the tourism sector. Requirements to apply for a scholarship:
• Government staff / civil servants working in the tourism sector, members of local tourism associations, owners or employees of companies engaged in tourism (eg, travel agents, hotels, transport operators, etc.)
• Include letters of recommendation from current supervisors (for employees or civil servants) or others who may provide recommendations such as tourism associations and agencies (company owners, directors, etc.)
• Commitment to implementing an award project to actively engage in studies, to network with multiple stakeholders, and to disseminate learning outcomes to multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to regional tourism development
• Have a KTP from one of the targeted provinces
• Have at least English conversational skills at work (preferably but not necessarily) Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply! Applicants must fill out the application through the following online application: https://australiaawardsindonesia.smartygrants.com.au/Tourism3 For information about the Australia Awards program in Indonesia: www.australiaawardsindonesia.org, For inquiries, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.